25th Anniversary Update 2022
Our 25th Anniversary Appeal is well underway. Thanks to donations from the Somerset Community, and beyond we have been able to fund some of the projects to benefit patients across the Trust.
- Meaningful Moments boxes for 72 clinical areas – filled with items to support patients with dementia such a light projector, scrapbooks, colouring books, word searches, sensory toys, and practical items such as hearing aid batteries and glasses wipes
- iCare Tonometer for Minehead Community Hospital. This tests the pressure inside the eyes and is used to test glaucoma and to measure how to the treatment is working
- Hydrotherapy pool – based at Dene Barton Community Hospital, the money has been used to fund enhancements such as a large mural, plants, and a radio
- Bladder Scanner for Portman Ward at Musgrove. This is also thanks to a donation from a Trust and Foundation
- Older Adult DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) to develop the service for adults in the community to help them talk through their emotions, understand them, and learn skills to manage them.